Sunday 30 November 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

I have a confession, and it's one that's not going to go down well on this side of the blogosphere. 

I don't like Liz Earle cleanse and polish. Well, actually I do like it, but my skin does not. 

I have wanted this product for SO long. It's all over YouTube, it's been blogged about to death. Zoella never shuts up about it. My friend Emma is in love with it. 

I bought a little set with the muslin cloths etc as part of Emma's birthday presant. While I was at it, I bought myself one too and I practically jumped on the postman when it came... Using it immediately. 



It cost £15 for the cleanser and two muslin cloths. I loved it straight away. My face has literally never felt so clean. I didn't even know that level of clean existed. The product smells great, and the muslin cloth exfoliates every inch of grime and makeup. It buffed my skin until it felt smooth and soft and it felt SO good. 

Essentially, you massage the cleanser into your skin, rubbing into your makeup and then you use the muslin cloth, dampened with hot water and softly buff the product off, taking your makeup and the days dirt off with it. You then splash your face with cold water to close the pores. Even if I used this after removing makeup and using a facewash, it shocked me how much would come off onto the cloth. 



I did notice some odd things. Some bumps appeared across my cheekbones pretty soon after using it. To be honest, due to the huge amount of people raving about it, I didn't even question that this could possibly be anything other than a miracle product. 

I kept at it, and wondered if possibly my skin was just being grumpy because I've changed my skincare routine. Sometimes even if the products you switch to are better for it, your skin can still go through a little patch of rebellion for a while until it adapts to the changes. 

It's now about two weeks since I started using this and I've come to realise that this product doesn't work for me. 

I am genuinely gutted. I loved the whole process of using it and I loved the feeling of cleanliness it have me, which is something I've never had with any other product. 

Unfortunately it just doesn't get on with me. My skin is really raw and angry. It's clearly reacting and it can only be this product as it's the only real change I've brought to my routine. It also has a fair amount of fragrance, and I imagine the exfoliating effect of the muslin cloth has just aggravated my skin terribly. It's reacting in a way I've never known it to. My skin is breaking out in bumps as well as spots, it's very red and blotchy. I have strange redness around my mouth and eyes. My lips are really dry and my eczema around my eyes is really flaring up. My skin just looks very angry. 

Sadly, I think I might be one of the only people in the world who can't call this my holy grail of skincare. 

In an attempt to restore my skin, I've stripped back to complete basics. Today I went to Boots and got a pile of products from the Simple range. It's a brand I never use, but I'm too scared to try anything new that might make this worse and Simple at least have no fragrance or colour that could aggravate it any further. 

So for the next little while it will be just the Simple range and the Avene skin reactive products that il be using, and I will need to try and keep makeup to a minimum. 

I really wish I could add to the vast number of good reviews for this but it's sadly not going to be something I can continue using. 


No comments:

 
Skint Again Beauty Blog Design by Ipietoon